Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Graduation Procedure.

Graduation Procedure

A student who expects to graduate at the end of a semester must file a formal application for graduation in the Office of the Registrar, Shuster Hall, Room 105, by the deadline published each semester in the Schedule of Classes. If the student does not graduate, he/she must refile for graduation in any subsequent semester in which graduation is anticipated.

Any incomplete grades (INC) on the graduate student's transcript must be resolved prior to the date of graduation. To resolve incomplete grades, students must either complete and hand in the missing work or, if the courses in question are not required for the degree, indicate to the Office of the Registrar that they do not intend to complete the work. Students who choose not to make up the missing work are required to sign a statement in the Registrar's Office indicating their awareness that INC grades remaining on the transcript can never be changed to letter grades.

This policy applies even if the course in question is not applicable toward the degree being awarded, and even if the one-year time limit for finishing incomplete grades has not expired. The transcripts of graduated students are sealed at the time of graduation, and no changes can be made after the graduation date.

Students cannot graduate if the indication "Z" appears in place of a grade on their transcript. The "Z" indicates that the faculty member teaching that particular course did not submit a grade to the Office of the Registrar. The student is responsible for contacting either the faculty member or the department chair to ensure that a grade is submitted.