Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Satisfactory Academic Progress.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

For Financial aid purposes a student is considered to have achieved Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) when they possess:

  • A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher,

  • Have earned credits toward graduation from 67% of all course work attempted,

  • and have attempted no more than 150% of the credits required graduation.

In order to receive Title IV Federal Financial Aid, a graduate student must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as previously defined. Students whose financial aid is denied for reasons of insufficient academic progress may file a written appeal with the Office of Graduate Studies.