Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Withdrawal from Courses.

Withdrawal from Courses

The grade of W (withdrawal without penalty) is assigned only when a graduate student officially withdraws from a course in CUNYfirst, Self-Service Student Center before the published deadline for each term. No faculty member or program adviser can withdraw a student from a course

After the published deadline, students wishing to withdraw from a course without penalty can do so only by appealing successfully to the Office of Graduate Studies, Shuster Hall, Room 279 (see "Appeals" in this chapter of the bulletin). When students withdraw unofficially, i.e., the student simply stops attending class without completing the withdrawal procedure, the grade of WU is assigned for the course. This grade counts as a failure in computing the cumulative Grade Point Average.